Τηλεφωνο - Fax
Τηλ. 2431027255
Fax. 2431031474
Email
info@matis.gr
matis@otenet.gr
Βρειτε μας στα social media

THE HISTORY OF HALVA

1885

Athanasios Matis leaves his home village of Amarandos in the area of Trikala, to try his luck in Aivali, in Asia Minor. He gets a job in a small halva industry, where he learns the secrets of halva production.

1898

Matis returns to Trikala and opens a grocery store in the town center. He sets up a simple workshop in an adjacent space and starts preparing small quantities of halva to sell in his store.

1929

The initial halva workshop is modernized with the purchase of its first steam boiler. Halva production is increased, and the product starts selling beyond the area of Trikala.

1963

Matis halva is exported for the first time, to Australia.

1972

Production is moved to newly built factory away from the town center.

2002

A new wing with an area of 3,500 sq. m. expands the factory grounds, including modern refrigeration and storage facilities.

Today

The family business, in its 4th generation now, carries on its successful tradition. Their halva is found on the shelves of grocery stores and supermarkets all over Greece, as well as exported to 11 countries: Australia, USA, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Malta and Jordan.

 

Istorikes Matis Photo01
Istorikes Matis Photo02
Istorikes Matis Photo03